This is my childhood favorite dish, when I was young my Maternal Grandma will surely cook this dish for me at least 2 times a week. I will be savoring this dish whenever I came back from school. But, hers will surely more tastier than mine... because it is full of love. I tried my best to recall all the ingredients and methods used and have modified a little here. Hopefully my little Sean will like it too.
Chicken drumsticks - 5 pcs, chopped into chunks
Coriander leaves, one handful, chopped
Potatoes - 2 medium sized, chunks
Ginger - 10 slices
Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
Shallots - 1 pc, sliced
Salt - 2 tsp
Dark soya sauce - 2 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
Light soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Lee & Perrin sauce - 1 tsp
Salt & pepper - Dash
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
1. Marinate chicken drumsticks with seasonings. Set aside for 20 mins.
2. Sautee garlic, shallots, ginger till fragrant.
3. Add in potatoes and sautee till potatoes are slightly brown.
4. Add in marinated chicken, stir fry for 10 mins.
5. Add salt. Stir occasionally till chicken is half cooked and fragrant.
6. Then, add warm water to cover 3/4 of the chicken. Simmer with lid covered till sauce is thicken.
7. When the sauce is half thicken, add in coriander leaves. Simmer for another 10 mins.
8. Off fire, stir in dark soya sauce and sesame oil, mix well.
9. Dish up, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve.
* I added coriander leaves to enhance the fragrant taste.
* If you do not prefer the potatoes to have strong ginger taste, add in the potatoes during step 6.