Simply delicious Cream of Mushroom Soup introduced by this Mommy. It has the taste and smell of the real mushroom, smooth and thick like cream soup but without cream (which is less fattening!). I just simply loved it to bits, same goes to my hubby & my son. We ate it with some French Multi-grain Bread & Cheese Garlic Bread.
It tasted superb! I have modified the recipe a little because it was too thick for us by adding extra fresh milk and I made my own homemade chicken broth. The taste is just
simply excellent !
200g fresh button mushrooms (chopped) (I used white button mushroom)
1 large white onion (diced)
1 large stalk of celery (diced)
360ml stock (I used home made concentrated chicken broth)
450ml fresh milk (I used Dutch Lady Fresh Milk)
3 tbsp plain flour
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a cooking pot.
2. Bake onion until translucent.
3. Lightly brown the mushrooms, then followed by celery
4. Stir in flour and mix well with the ingredients, then add in stock
5. Simmer for approx 20 mins. Stir occasionally.
6. Puree into a blender. (If you prefer a chunky soup, do not blend it until too smooth)
7. Pour back into the pot.
8. Add in milk and simmer for another 4 mins under medium heat. (Be careful not overboil the milk)
9. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with bread.
Home made Chicken Broth:
10 pcs of leftover chicken (chicken bones)
1 white onion, chopped
1 celery, chopped
10 florets cauliflower
1 carrot, chopped
10gm English Parsley
1. Boil 2 liters of water, add in chicken, bring to boil.
2. Add in all the other ingredients. Bring to boil in medium heat.
3. Turn to slow heat and boil for 1 - 2 hours. I do not add salt & pepper because I used it for the mushroom soup.
4. Drained and reserved the broth.