2 Chicken whole leg
1 tbsp Sesame seed, toasted
1 tsp Dried basil leaves (optional)
1/2 Onion, chopped / sliced
Handful of coriander leaves for garnishing
Marinate (Pound all ingredients):
1/2 stick of Cinnamon stick (about 2cm)
1 Big-sized star anise
1 tsp Peppercorn
Olive oil for grilling
1 tbsp Lee & Perrin sauce
1 tbsp Light soya sauce
1. Wash & pat dry chicken whole leg. Remove or retain the skin. I removed the skin.
2. Make some slits on the chicken meat.
3. Marinade it with marinate ingredients, seasonings & dried basil leaves.
4. Refrigerated at least about 1 - 2 hours or preferable overnight.
5. Drain the chicken. Reserved the balance sauce.
6. Heat up some olive oil on a grill pan or non-stick pan, grill chicken till browned or cooked.
7. Dish up, sprinkle some sesame seed, garnish with coriander leaves.
8. With the remaining oil in the pan, saute onion till fragrant.
9. Pour the balance marinate sauce & simmer till sizzle.
10. Dish up and use for dipping or gravy for the chicken.