Search Bits of Taste recipes

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Spices

Photobucket
I love spices as mentioned in my previous post on braised pork with spices. The smell and aroma of the spices really appetizing and appealing. In order to make the chicken more exotic, I used the spices to marinade the chicken and grilled it. In this way, the chicken whole leg is simply tender . In fact, if you retain the skin, spread all the marinate under the skin and grill will definitely have more tender and juicy chicken.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 Chicken whole leg
1 tbsp Sesame seed, toasted
1 tsp Dried basil leaves (optional)
1/2 Onion, chopped / sliced
Handful of coriander leaves for garnishing

Marinate (Pound all ingredients):
1/2 stick of Cinnamon stick (about 2cm)
1 Big-sized star anise
2 Cloves
1 tsp Peppercorn
Olive oil for grilling

Seasonings:
1 tbsp Lee & Perrin sauce
1 tbsp Light soya sauce

Methods:
1. Wash & pat dry chicken whole leg. Remove or retain the skin. I removed the skin.
2. Make some slits on the chicken meat.
3. Marinade it with marinate ingredients, seasonings & dried basil leaves.
4. Refrigerated at least about 1 - 2 hours or preferable overnight.
5. Drain the chicken. Reserved the balance sauce.
6. Heat up some olive oil on a grill pan or non-stick pan, grill chicken till browned or cooked.
7. Dish up, sprinkle some sesame seed, garnish with coriander leaves.
8. With the remaining oil in the pan, saute onion till fragrant.
9. Pour the balance marinate sauce & simmer till sizzle.
10. Dish up and use for dipping or gravy for the chicken.

9 Comentários:

Selba said...

You don't like chicken skin? I love it though I know it's so fattening, hehehe...

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hi Selba.... hehehe... I do like chicken skin when it is deep fried... it is indeed fattening...

Christine said...

It's very tempting! I like to grill the chicken with skin on, then just eat the meat. The skin will keep the moist. Yummy!

tigerfish said...

Wow, I did not have a good dinner last night. You tempt me for breakfast now. ;p

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hi Christine, tks! You are indeed right.

Hi tigerfish, oh dear! You could have a nice breakfast today~ haha...

Food For Tots said...

You are such an expert in spices! Will bookmark this recipe for future. Tks.

Luv your new layout for the header! Can design one for me, si fu? ;)

Court said...

The slits are great for getting more delicious marinade flavour into the chicken. I do this with larger cuts of meat, but always forget that it is a good trick for chicken too.

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hi LK, do try this out... hehe...
Tks for your compliment... let me know what kind of design you prefer, I will try my best...!

Hi Court, tks for dropping by! Hope you like the recipe!

tastestopping said...

We grill chicken year round, but rarely do we use bone-in (except for grilled wings). I wonder why we don't! This is a great recipe to kick start a new bone-in habit. :)

Anyway, I found you on TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my new site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

Best,
Casey
Editor
www.tastestopping.wordpress.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP