Search Bits of Taste recipes

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Traditional Pancakes

PhotobucketYesterday my son requested me to make him some pancakes, so I dug out all my recipe books and found this trusted and tested Good Old Fashioned Pancakes from this website. I have made a batch of banana pancakes last time with this recipe. It was indeed very tasty and simple to make. This recipe makes 3 big pancakes which can be cut into 8 pieces. What a simple and quick snack for the whole family. You may spread some raspberry jam, kaya, butter, maple syrup, apricot jam or peanut butter on it. Simply delicious!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 & 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Methods:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.

2. Pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

My bits of recommended recipes:
Banana Pancakes
Almond & Apple Cake
Simply Cup Cakes

13 Comentários:

Mary said...

Your pancakes look delicious! I just wanted to thank you for your visit and your very kind words. I'll try not to disappoint.

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Thanks for dropping by Mary! It is my pleasure!

mikky said...

how beautifully presented... :)

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Tks Mikky....

Andie Summerkiss said...

I am loving the color of your blog.

I think I tried this recipe a couple of months ago, but it turned out to be so extremely salty with 1 tsp salt. Maybe my salt was a bit too strong?

Do you use any specific kind of salt?

Jun@IndoChine Kitchen

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hi Jun, tks!
I used common fine salt. But, it is indeed a bit salty but acceptable for me! Maybe you could reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp.

Mummy to QiQi said...

your food photos all so professionally done!!

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Haha... tks Chin Nee (Mummy to QiQI),
hopefully these pics will bring some drooling to all my foodies' friends.

Joie de vivre said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love how you cut these into triangles. The presentation is beautiful!

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Tks Joie de vivre! tks for dropping by too...

Food For Tots said...

It is always an all-time favourite for my son. He can never have enough of it. Your pancakes looks so fluffy and delicious!

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Haha... I guess they loves snacks!

cariso said...

This pancake looks really yummy! My version of pancake is simple and did not add in baking powder.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP