Search Bits of Taste recipes

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stir Fried Prawns with Basil & Chilli

Photobucket

Didn't I tell you that I have fallen in love with sweet basil leaves? Check out my previous recipes! This time I managed to get hold a packet of it. Thus, I thought of stir fry it with some prawns! Added a little spiciness of red chilli to have a "kick" of this dish. Bouncy, sweet, fragrant and a little spicy... that is what I can describes. A quick and easy dish for those whom loves prawns! This is gone within minutes!
Photobucket

Ingredients:
500gm Big-sized Prawns, removed shell - retain tail
6 fresh sweet basil leaves, chopped
1 red chilli, half cut into strip, half minced
1 clove garlic, minced

Seasonings:
Dash of salt, sugar & pepper

Methods:
1. Washed prawns, removed shell & vein. Retain the tail. Pat dry.
2. Soak in ice cold water & ice cubes with some salt for 1 hour. Drained.
3. Marinate with seasonings, chopped basil, minced garlic & minced red chilli for 10 mins.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir fry prawns for 5 mins for till cooked.
5. Fold in chilli strips. Mix well.
6. Garnish with some fresh sweet basil leaves. Serve with rice or noodles.

My bits of tips:
Pat dry prawns, soak prawns with ice cold water, ice cubes & some sea salt to get the bouncy bite.
Don't over cook the prawns, instead stir fry until prawns are about to cooked. Off fire and leave for 1 min.


My bits of recommended recipes:
Basil Chicken Cutlets
Basil Potato Patties
Pan Fried Prawns & Butter head with Butter
Stir Fried Broccoli, Mushroom & Prawns

13 Comentários:

Selba said...

Yes... I know your love for basil leaves :)

Yummy... that stir fried prawns with basil looks terrific!

p.s: Still haven't gotten the chance to post the Indonesian basil leaves (daun kemangi) in my blog yet.

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hahaha... tks Selba... so glad that you still remember!

Waiting for the Indonesian basil leaves post at your site.

Food For Tots said...

Hey, Queen of Basil, next time I know where to search for a recipe using basil. Hehehe! Tell u a secret, I fall in luv with kaffir lime leaves now. Shhhhh...!!!

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hahhahahhaa..... you are most welcome to join the Basil club! Looks like you found another treasure in cooking... I just love kaffir lime leaves to bits... especially Tom Yam Gong... yummy!

Mummy to QiQi said...

wah...so niceeeee!!!!!! still cannot understand how to get nice shots like you. i tried again playing with my flash and a piece of paper, but still cannot get la....sigh...

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Thanks Chinnee (Mummy to QiQi)... do email me and I will tell you in details...don't give up lady!

Anggie's Journal said...

halo... i wanna know how to capture a clear and nice picture too .. how ar ?? what ar piece of paper ??? :)

Salt N Turmeric said...

Thanks for tip on putting the shrimp in ice water. I will def try that. :)

mikky said...

yey, i still have a bunch of basil... :)

Cynthia said...

You have an exceptionally beautiful blog! Thanks for visiting and helping me to discover yours!

I've added it to my blog roll and feeds.

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...

Hey! Mikky, I guess you should try this out!

Thanks for dropping by Cynthia and added my blog to your feed. I have added yours too.

pigpigscorner said...

I love basil too! It gives such wonderful flavour.

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP