Didn't I tell you that I have fallen in love with sweet basil leaves? Check out my previous recipes! This time I managed to get hold a packet of it. Thus, I thought of stir fry it with some prawns! Added a little spiciness of red chilli to have a "kick" of this dish. Bouncy, sweet, fragrant and a little spicy... that is what I can describes. A quick and easy dish for those whom loves prawns! This is gone within minutes!
500gm Big-sized Prawns, removed shell - retain tail
6 fresh sweet basil leaves, chopped
1 red chilli, half cut into strip, half minced
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of salt, sugar & pepper
1. Washed prawns, removed shell & vein. Retain the tail. Pat dry.
2. Soak in ice cold water & ice cubes with some salt for 1 hour. Drained.
3. Marinate with seasonings, chopped basil, minced garlic & minced red chilli for 10 mins.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir fry prawns for 5 mins for till cooked.
5. Fold in chilli strips. Mix well.
6. Garnish with some fresh sweet basil leaves. Serve with rice or noodles.
My bits of tips:
Pat dry prawns, soak prawns with ice cold water, ice cubes & some sea salt to get the bouncy bite.
Don't over cook the prawns, instead stir fry until prawns are about to cooked. Off fire and leave for 1 min.
My bits of recommended recipes:
Basil Chicken Cutlets
Basil Potato Patties
Pan Fried Prawns & Butter head with Butter
Stir Fried Broccoli, Mushroom & Prawns