Search Bits of Taste recipes

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

French Crepes

Photobucket

French Crêpes, known as a thin pancake is a popular dish or dessert in France. The dish is widespread in France and has known as their national dish, as you can find crepes everywhere in France, be it in the high-class romantic restaurant, cafe or even street food in Paris.

Crêpes are made from simple ingredients include flour, eggs, milk, butter and a pinch of salt. Even it is a simple dish, it is served with variety of fillings, such as cheese, asparagus, ham, spinach, eggs, ratatouille, mushrooms, chicken, salad and so much more! Normally, they will spread some butter or oil on a hot pan, spread the batter thinly and evenly on the pan, making a round thin pancake, pan fry it till done, fold it or roll it up to form a thin rectangular pancake. Some even stuff some fillings in it, such as chicken salad, ham, eggs, bacon or any kind of vegetables salad. It can also be served in loose slices with sauces.

References from French at a Touch

Crêpes is so versatile, can be served as main meal or dessert depending on the fillings. As a dessert, it will be served with maple syrup, apricot sauce, strawberry sauce, lemon juice, butter, jam or even slice fresh fruits! Isn't it excellent?

Check out more info and tips on making crepes at WIKIPEDIA
You may watch the video on making Crepes at YOUTUBE.


Such a beautifully wrapped up pancake tastes great even if you eat it on its own. We love the original taste of these crepes and eat it plain or spread a thin layer of butter and peanut butter! If I happen to see 'Crêpes' in the restaurant menu especially in French or Italian restaurant, I would like to try them out and taste how delicious is this French dessert, the restaurant way!

Thus, I happened to saw this beautiful restaurant photos and their fantastic menu located in Bangkok, Thailand. Those Crêpes sell in this restaurant looks so awesome, with chicken salad toppings, wonderful apricot & fruits sauce, garden salad fillings and so much more! It is so mouth watering! If you are visiting Bangkok soon, do check out Café Olivié in Central World.

This recipe was adapted from all recipes.com

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Methods:
• Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer (I used hand whisk).
• Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
• Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
• Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe.
• Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

21 Comentários:

Kitchen Corner said...

WOW! This picture looks very very nice that make me can't wait to try out the recipe. That's very PRO!!!

Bits of Taste said...

Thank you very much Kitchen Corner! Hope you like it.

Selba said...

I love crepes!!! Almost every weekend I make it for my snack, hehehe...

Your crepes look so delectable :)

The Little Teochew said...

Can I have some? Looks soooo delicious. I'm thinking of crepe suzette, merci. ;P

cariso said...

I like crepes! The one you cook here looks very yummy and your photo looks awesome!

lovely_Okaasan said...

lovely picture :) very nice!

Food For Tots said...

Hmmmmm...yummy! So irresistable!

noobcook said...

I love crepes! Yours look so perfect :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Now I want some crepes! Look delicious.

Pearl said...

those crepes must've been irresistible!

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Selba! Oh you are a big fan of Crepes!

Thanks The Little Teochew, so glad you like it.

Thanks Cariso! Looks like you are also a big fan of Crepes!

Bits of Taste said...

Thank you lovely_Okaasan!

Thanks LK (Food 4 Tots)!

Thanks Wiffy! Hope you like it too!

Go and try some Little Corner! I am sure your kids will like it.

Yes Pearl, thanks!

mycookinghut said...

I love crepes! When I go to Caen (in Normandy), I like to visit the creperie and have my fav savoury crepe!

Lisa said...

Those just look perfect. I don't think I have ever made proper crepes. Your post inspires me to try!

Bits of Taste said...

Hi mycookinghut... that is so good. You are so lucky to explore different type of crepes!

Hi Lisa, tks! I am sure you can make some too!

Beachlover's Kitchen said...

lovely crepes!! I recalled Yaohan years ago do sell variety crepes with filling...now you bring back what I missed:) I understand they used special crepes machine or flat pan for it,right? wish I can have one now!

Cynthia said...

The lighting on your photographs are always mesmerizing.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks BeachLover's kitchen... oh really? There is one in Yaohan? I bet you must be an expert in Crepes! Hope you like it.

Thanks Cynthia!

Ann said...

WOW! that looks awesome and tempting. Picture is so good.

Gil said...

Hi there,
just wanted to say I use your crepe recipe pretty often!
it takes a little technique, but they come out very good :)

excellent recipe!

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Ann! Glad you like it.

Thanks Gil! This recipe is indeed very good, I like it very much too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP