Search Bits of Taste recipes

Monday, August 24, 2009

Strawberry Milk Shake

Photobucket
I went grocery shopping one day and saw those bright, red & juicy fresh strawberries displayed on the cooler tray. I feel like grabbing them and bite on it. Oh yeah! Strawberry is one of my favourite. I had those picked during my Cameron Highland trip 2 years ago with my little boy (at that time only 2 years +) and my hubby at one of the strawberry farm in Cameron Highland. Strawberry is costly in Malaysia and not all are sweet & juicy.

These were the strawberries I picked during the trip! Most of it is in medium sized, it is difficult to choose those big red strawberries at that time as it was drizzling and many are competing with me! haha... but we had a great time picking those strawberries and finished them in the hotel... *wink*

So, I quickly grabbed a box of fresh strawberries during the grocery shopping and can't wait to bite on it. As I reached home, my son and I had most of them chewed and swallowed down to our stomach! He even told me “Mummy, this is yummy! Can I have more?” I gave him a grinned and “of course”, we ate the strawberries together until we were satisfied. Even though it is not the best strawberries in town but we did enjoyed the strawberry feast at home!
I had quite a lot of balance though and I thought why not I make it into milk shake? So, here I go. Put those strawberries in the blender, add in milk, blend till smooth and drink immediately! Voila! My little boy loves it so much and managed to finish one cup of it. Isn't it nice to bite on those fresh strawberries and also milk shake? A good way to enjoy fruits with your little ones!

Ingredients:
150g Strawberries, hulled
150ml Full cream milk or Fresh milk
Ice cubes (Optional)

Method:
Put all the ingredients (except ice cubes) in a blender.
Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a glass, add ice cubes and serve immediately.
I prefer it to be chilled.

10 Comentários:

Kitchen Corner said...

I like everything goes with berries. This one definately my choice. Yumm...

The Little Teochew said...

My kids will love you for this! It's easy and yummy and just heavenly on a hot day! I think strawberries are one of the prettiest fruits :)

Food For Tots said...

Strawberry is really cheap in this season. First time in our life, we had tasted the best strawberries (so red and sweet). It is really a good idea to make milk shake with strawberry!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love a glass of strawberry milk shake now, refreshing!

Craft Passion said...

Good source of vitamin C!!!! I love plucking strawberries with daughter in Cameron too, that was last June!!!

tastestopping said...

My oldest daughter used to be able to eat a whole pound (452 grams) of strawberries herself in a day or two when she was younger. It was the only fruit we knew she would eat! While we didn't have to make them into a shake for her, this looks like such a cool, delicious treat. Thanks.

Anyway, I found you through TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my new site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

Best,
Casey
Editor
www.tastestopping.wordpress.com

pigpigscorner said...

aww lucky you! I can't seem to find sweet and juicy strawberries now, I think it's end of season =(

Bits of Taste said...

Kitchen Corner: Tks! Glad you like berries too.

TLT: Oh yes! Strawberries are definitely one of the prettiest fruits! So glad your kids like it to

F4T: Hi friend, you are so lucky to get those cheap, sweet & juicy strawberries in S'pore. It must be so satisfying!

LCOM: Haha... go and make some! I bet your kids will love it.

CraftPassion: Haha.... it is such a fun plucking strawberries in Cameron, isn't it?

Casey: Thanks Casey! Wow! So nice to enjoy those red, sweet & juicy strawberries!

PPC: Hehe.... don't worry! It will come again!

Mini Baker said...

i love your blog! I just came across it and your style is so clean cut and easy to read... also, you seem like you're very talented in the kitchen :)
-Mini Baker

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks for visiting and welcome to my blog Mini Baker! It is my pleasure to know that you like my blog! Thank you so much for your compliment! I am still a learner! Hope to share more here! *wink*

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP