Search Bits of Taste recipes

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pita Tuna

Photobucket
I first encountered Pita bread was few years ago from one of my colleagues. Since then, we consumed pita bread with various of fillings very often especially during lunch time. It was one of our diet plan.

Pita bread is very versatile, we can stuff plenty of fillings in it, such as chicken meat, lamb, beef, tuna, sardines, baked beans, vegetables, sausages or any of your own preference. Pita bread, spelled “pitta bread” in the UK, is a round leavened flatbread that is consumed all over the world in many different cultures. It is generally made with wheat but can also be made in multigrain and whole wheat varieties. Reference from wisegreek. We can make pita bread at home too. It is a healthy and indeed easy-to-find bread around. I would prefer wholemeal as it contains more fibre in it and much healthier. Pre-packed pita bread comes with variety of flavours, such as original, cheese, wholemeal & garlic.

Since my son will be going to pre-school next year, I have to pack some snack or light-meal for him to bring along for his break time. Pita bread with tuna is just one of the simple and healthy snack for all time. Tuna is also a good source of protein, Omega 3, vitamins and minerals. A prefect choice for a growing up kid.
Photobucket
This recipe is simply good for those who is on the run or on diet plan. I would love to have it for my breakfast as I am always rushing to work in the morning! Having something that is tasty, healthy, high in nutrients and easy to make for breakfast is such a convenient way for working parents and kids! Do you agree with me?

Simple yet delicious! A prefect snack for kids and you!You may also try out this simple snack of Tortilla!

• Check on this video on how to make Pita bread at home
• Benefits of Tuna from WHFOODS

Photobucket

Ingredients:
185g Tuna Chunks in Sunflower oil (canned tuna)
2 Wholemeal pita bread, cut into half
1 medium-sized Tomato, sliced
1/2 medium-sized Japanese cucumber, sliced
1 small-sized Onion, minced
Dash of black pepper
Dash of dried basil leaves

Methods:
1. Cut pita bread into half. Set aside.
2. Drained tuna & retain the oil.
3. Heat up the tuna oil, saute onion until translucent.
4. Add in tuna, loosen the tuna and stir fry until fragrant.
5. Sprinkle some black pepper and basil leaves, mix well.
6. Open up pita bread, arrange tomato slices in it, stuff in tuna.
7. Stuff in cucumber slices and it is done!
8. Repeat with the rest of the pita bread.
9. Serve as breakfast or snack or even lunch!

14 Comentários:

♥peachkins♥ said...

this is very healthy and I love the combination!

mycookinghut said...

I love pita bread. This can be a nice lunch for me!

Craft Passion said...

Pita is very easy to handle, and not like sandwich where the tuna flakes will fall from the bread.
I like it!!!

Food For Tots said...

Preparing light meal or snack for school is such a headache to me. I love the idea of pita bread. Tks for sharing. Lovely shots!

Selba said...

Looks so yummy.... I hardly eat pita because it's difficult to find it here.

Little Inbox said...

I like this type of meal too. Very easy to prepare and can have lots variety of filling.

noobcook said...

I love pita bread too... what a perfect snack!

Little Corner of Mine said...

So colorful and healthy!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

So yummy and healthy!

Bits Of Taste said...

Thank you so much for all of your comments! So glad to have such kind words. Hope we can make more snacks in the future!

tigerfish said...

I like the idea. I think I can try with sardines.

Bits of Taste said...

Oh yes Tigerfish! Sardines can also be a wise choice!

Christine said...

Yeah, Pita bread is very versatile. We can put anything we like inside. Very handy and healthy... Love your pics, gorgeous!

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Christine! Glad you like it too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP