Search Bits of Taste recipes

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fruity Prawn Salad


Salad is my all time favourite, be it fruit or vegetable salad. I used to hook at the salad bar for 10 minutes, just to pick and choose my favourite salad. Salad with raw vegetable such as butter head, lettuce, rocket leaves, Bull's blood, purple cabbage or any other leafy salad are my top selection. Mix them with beans and corn, drizzle with salad dressing. Yummy! Is anyone going for a "salad" party? It had been quite sometime I didn't step in that salad bar full of colourful selection. Should make a date! *chuckle*


Salad comes with plenty of condiments such as chicken meat, prawns, mushroom & fruits! I would standing there and admire those fancy, colourful and fresh salad, especially those serve in the hotel buffet. Am I drooling now? *giggle*. Since I always opt for vegetable salad, this round I want to make some fruity prawn salad at home. It is so easy to prepare and to sweep clean the bowl. I chilled it in the fridge for good 20 mins and it really tastes heaven! Need not to say more here, just grab the ingredients and make a bowl yourself today! I am sure you have to agree with me! Let's go-fruity prawn salad!

Ingredients:
20pcs Big Prawn
1 handful diced Honey Drew
1 handful diced Pineapple
2 tbsps Mayonnaise or Salad dressing
Squeeze of lemon juice (about 1 tsp)

Method:
1. Dice honey drew and pineapple, chill in the fridge.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the prawns and cook until they turn pink and curl up.
3. Drain the prawns, transfer immediately into a large bowl of iced water and set aside to cool.
4. Peel the cooled prawns. Set aside.
5. Remove diced fruits from the fridge, add mayonnaise & prawns. Mix well gently.
6. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice. Chill in the fridge until serving.

Note:
• I found the method on how to cook the prawns here.
• Do not remove prawn's shell before cooking. This way, it can preserves the texture of the prawns.
• Transfer prawns in a bowl of iced cold water can make the prawns bouncy and crunchy!
• Chilling the prawn salad makes the prawns more bouncy and crunchy too!
• You may use other fruits such as papaya, green / red apple or watermelon.

12 Comentários:

tigerfish said...

I used to like this salad when they serve it as part of the cold platter (dish) in Chinese restaurants. Very refreshing.

ICook4Fun said...

Oh wow, I love the HUGE prawns! There are just beautiful. I like eating prawns this way as I can enjoy the crunch and sweetness.

noobcook said...

aiyah, this is one of my fave Chinese salad. U made me drool so soon after dinner! haha

♥peachkins♥ said...

I wanna make me some of this!

blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Little Corner of Mine said...

Very refreshing indeed especially with fruits. Strange I never taken a liking to salad.

Bits of Taste said...

ICook4Fun: Thanks! me too....

noobcook: *chuckle* that's great! I think you will make some soon!

peachkins: Great! *wink*

LCOM: Oh dear! Let's start today and I am sure you will like salad! *wink*

Food For Tots said...

I'm definitely going to join you for the salad party. Your salad looks so refreshing and tasty! Will surely be a hit in my family. ;)

Bits of Taste said...

F4T: Sure my friend! We should make another date especially for Salad party! Thanks!

Nags said...

such beautiful prawns must only exist in Asia!

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Nags!

Tanya said...

Oh my yum! This looks delish.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Tanya!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP