Search Bits of Taste recipes

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

Hey! Remember I still have some fresh blueberries freeze in the freezer from my previous post? I got to dig it out and make it into this delicious blueberry banana smoothie. It sounds great to have a glass of chilled smoothie during this warm and humid weather here. At the same time, it add on more fiber and vitamins in our daily consumption. My son is a big fan of all kind of beverages, especially yogurt, juices, smoothies, iced blended & many more. He got so excited with this fresh and yummy blueberry banana smoothie, and it is gone within minutes.

What is so special about this recipe? Besides than the fruity taste, soy milk is one of the main ingredient in this recipe which brings out the sweet and creamy taste of this smoothie. With the combination of yogurt and honey, it tastes heaven as stated in the original recipe. I bet it is even more heavenly by adding some ice cubes in it. Want a glass of fresh, delicious and full of goodness smoothie? Try this out.

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

Source: Recipe adapted and modified from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1 frozen medium-sized banana, thawed for 10 to 15 minutes
125ml soy milk
150g blueberry yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
2/3 cup frozen blueberries

Method:
Cut banana into pieces, add in blueberries, soy milk, yogurt and honey. Blend on low speed until smooth, about 5 seconds. Increase to medium speed and blend to desired consistency. Serve immediately.

20 Comentários:

Christine@Christine's Recipes said...

Your blueberry banana smoothie is very healthy and refreshing. Love your idea of using soy milk, adding more healthy goodies in it.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Christine! Glad you like it.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

I just made cherry banana smoothie, next time I want to try this.

Shireen Loh said...

oh, i used to make these for the family but not lately. I think i shld do it again. i used maple syrup instead of honey. and i will try your version of soy milk, interesting twist.

Little Inbox said...

With fresh fruits, soy milk and yogurt, this is a healthy drink. :)

Food For Tots said...

That's a great combination for smoothie! Soy milk is a good subsitute to cow milk for those ppl who have lactose intolerance symptoms. I will make one for my son soon. ;)

Bits of Taste said...

Sonia: Oh cherry banana smoothie! That sounds great!

Shireen Loh: Thanks Shireen!

Little inbox: Thanks!

FFT: Oh yes! Substitute cow's milk with soy milk for lactose intolerance person. Great!

petite nyonya said...

sounds so refreshing! I love anythg with banana flavor.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks petite nyonya!

Pam said...

I wish I had this for breakfast today... it looks great.

tigerfish said...

I am in the smoothie wagon now. I have it twice per week :D ....I usually try to add in more than 2 fruits. But I have not tried blueberry and banana in a same smoothie :P

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Pam!

Tigerfish: Haha.... you too a smoothie wagon! Then, you should give this a try!

Mary said...

This looks and sounds delicious. Add healthy to that mix and you have a real winner on your hands. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy and refreshing, really suitable for warm weather. I like that you used soy milk instead of milk.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Mary! Glad you like it and you too have a wonderful day!

Thanks LCOM, the soy milk really give this drink an exotic taste compare to milk. Give it a try!

Jessica said...

This smoothie sounds great. I don't really like soy milk, but I'll bet it would taste super with almond milk...especially vanilla flavor! It's great that your son enjoys smoothies. Mine does too!

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks Jessica! May be you should give it a try!

Thanks Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Hi, love your recipe. I'll sure give it a try. :) May I know if you use fresh soy milk or those packed one like Vitasoy? Thks!

Bits of Taste said...

Hi Anonymous, thank you so much for dropping by!
I used the packet Soy Milk, you may use homemade soy milk too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP