Do you like these cute and colourful frozen cubes? It is iced cubes with slices of fruits in it. I saw this little trick in making beverages more appealing in a fun way from the Women's weekly's cookbook. So, I thought why not give it a try! I have some lemon, lime and strawberries in hand, it will great to make them into these cute little iced cubes with jelly mould! It gives those square and boring iced cubes a new facelift! Aren't they? You can make them using the jelly moulds or ice moulds with variety of shapes. Check this out for variety of ice moulds design.
One of the ways to beautify and chill up your drink for a special occasion and to surprise your guests, these cubes will definitely make the magic. It makes your beverage more colourful and appealing! Nevertheless, it also adding a twist of fruity, lemony and refreshing taste to your beverage! I loved it.
I have added them to my lemony soft drinks and it is simply beautiful! How satisfying to enjoy a glass of drinks with colourful outlook and refreshing taste of real fruits. Do this simple trick to brighten up a cocktail party or simply use them to decorate your favourite drinks!
You may also use variants of fruits and fresh herbs such as blueberry, kiwi, orange, mint leaves or lemon grass to make this special frozen cubes! An easy and simple way to cheer up your party! *wink*
In conjunction with the Malaysia "Merdeka Day" (Malaysian Independence Day) on 31st August, I would like to wish all Malaysian Happy Merdeka Day! Let's beautify and chill up this celebration with colourful drinks!
Jelly moulds or ice moulds
Variants of fruits or fresh herbs (sliced)
- fresh mint leaves
1. Slice fruits and herbs into thin slices that can fit into your moulds.
2. Place each moulds a slice or two.
3. Fill with drinking water or filtered water.
4. Freeze them in the freezer for 6 - 8 hours or until the ice cubes are set (best over night).
• Make sure the selection of fruits or herbs that you choose is suitable for the beverage that you plan to serve.
• Make sure the ice cubes are set and firm before adding them in the beverage.
• Leave the ice moulds at room temperature for 5 mins before knocking it out.
• Add them to your cocktail drinks for more colourful and fruity taste.