I simply love dishes cooked with sesame oil or a touch of sesame seeds. The taste is just irresistible with the aromatic smell from the sesame oil. Sesame oil is widely used especially during the Chinese confinement period in their cooking, they believed it can warms up the mother's body after childbirth.
After reading this article from this website, I came to know that sesame oil does not contain cholesterol and is heart healthy. It contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, lecithin, calcium, phosphorus, iron and other minerals, as well as various constituents with anti-oxidant and anti-depressant properties. More information about Sesame Oil on this website.
Thus, I have whipped up this dish for lunch on the weekend to be served with hot steamed rice and other dishes. A simple heart warming home-cook dish for the whole family. If you too love the aromatic smell of sesame oil, do try this out and indulge this heart warming dish with your family!
Before I pen off, I would like to introduce you this fantastic, nature scenic and a great getaway place for family in Malacca, Malaysia. The Philea Resort & Spa. We took a break at this resort during the school holiday, it was a great place surrounded by nature and greenery.
A prefect place for family to get together, enjoy the brisk walk, have a simple picnic or to pamper yourself with an indulgence spa surrounded with nature. We really enjoyed the stay there and will surely make a trip again in the future. Take a glance at this luxury resort!
Till then, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you especially the Chinese, a happy Duanwu Festival (端午節)! Can't wait to enjoy those traditional meat dumplings again!
5 chicken drumsticks - cut into 2 each
1 tbsp sesame seed - toasted
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
1 tsp black soy sauce (optional)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
1. Marinade chicken drumsticks with the marinade sauce. Leave it in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Heat up non-stick frying pan, toast sesame seeds in low fire until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Heat up wok with oil, saute garlic and shallots until fragrant in medium heat.
4. Drain the chicken from the sauces, reserve the sauce for further use.
5. Add chicken to the wok and stir fry until chicken is fragrant and the liquid dries up. It should be brown and fragrant.
6. Add in half of the sesame seeds, stir fry for another minute.
7. Add in the reserved sauce and water, simmer until chicken is cooked. Add in black soy sauce, mix well.
8. Dish up, sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve.
• Use chicken drumstick or thigh for better texture and taste.
• Best serve with rice or noodles.