Search Bits of Taste recipes

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Spicy Creamy Chicken


Hi peeps! Tomorrow begins the Malaysia festive holiday and this is what we are looking for, a long weekend to rest at home or more house chores for me instead? *LOL*. Oh well, I'm actually waiting eagerly for this holiday which I can spend some time to do what I like! The school holiday has started with conjunction of the festive celebration, many of them has taken the opportunity to travel or going back to hometown at this point of time!


Besides planning all my menu and stuff that I wish to do, I need to tidy up my what-to-do list and start compiling my task. Ok peeps! before I start working on it, let me share with you today the revisit of this most liked recipe sometime ago (Creamy Butter Chicken) with some enhancement in it. Well, I did some adjustment to this recipe which is suitable for those who loves the combination of spicy and cheesy taste. The taste came out just the way I like and so do my family. I used red chillies in this recipe as my son can't really savour spicy dishes. If you want a good spicy taste for this recipe, you may go for bird's eye chillies (cili padi) instead. This dish is simply appetizing and goes well with other dishes or just a plate of warm steamed rice!

It is time for me to pen off. Till then, we shall meet again for the next recipe. Have a nice day & happy holiday!

Ingredients:
2 chicken thigh (cut into chunks)
One handful of curry leaves
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 red chillies, remove seeds, slice thinly diagonally
1 medium-sized red onion
1 tbsp butter + 1 tbsp of olive oil

Coating for frying chicken:
1 cup of Self-raising flour + 1/2 tsp of salt
1 large egg, beaten

Seasonings:
400ml Evaporated milk
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Methods:
1. Marinate chicken with the coating mixture, mix well. Set aside and marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
2. Heat up oil in a pot/wok. Fry chicken until golden brown. Drain and put on kitchen towel to absorb excessive oil.
3. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with butter & olive oil. Saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in curry leaves and stir well.
4. Turn to medium fire. Bring the evaporated milk to a simmer, add in shredded cheese and stir gently until the cheese is melted and the mixture is slightly bubbly. Turn off the fire.
5. Arrange the fried chicken on a plate and pour over the evaporated milk mixture onto the chicken. Garnish and serve warm.

Note:
• Make sure the oil is sufficient to fry the chicken until the chicken is cooked.
• You may substitute red chilli with bird's eye chili for a spicier taste.
• If you do not have self-raising flour in hand, you may substitute it with 1/2 cup of plain flour & 1/2 cup of corn flour/tapioca flour. You may refer to this recipe for frying method.

2 Comentários:

Food For Tots said...

As usual, I'm busier during school and public holidays. Can't wait for the school to reopen. The hidden cheese is definitely going to give this dish a boost of flavour. Yum!

Bits of Taste said...

Thanks my friend! Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  Template by Dicas Blogger

TOP